Position: Account Executive
Supervisor: Sales Manager
Please e-mail resume to Rick Musselman, GM firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Anthony, GSM email@example.com
The account executive’s duties include, but are not limited to, the solicitation of advertising orders from the servicing of accounts the Company may assign to you (in the sole judgment and discretion of the Company) as well as the prospecting, contacting, and development of new clients/accounts to the Company.
The account executive performs duties under the general direction and control of the General Sales and any other person(s) so designated by the Company. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management. The primary job of the account executive is to sell the Company’s products which include, but are not limited to the sale of the following products of the Station/Company: Broadcast airtime, Event sponsorships, Website packages, and other sales promotion programs.
The right candidate is a team player who can take initiative with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive as they perform a variety of duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales goals as defined by management
- Sell and service an assigned account list and develop new accounts
- Develop customized presentations of the highest quality for new and existing accounts
- Develop and grow relationships at multiple levels of the customer’s organization in order to guarantee effective contacts internal to the organization and to be aware of problems and opportunities
- Maintain call volume of no less than 10 face-to-face meetings per week
- Accurately forecast revenue on a rolling three-month basis
- Entertain clients, including some weekend and evening work
- Adhere to station policies regarding pricing, merchandising, commercial content, competitive product protection, etc. and monitor competition with the highest degree of integrity and ethics
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills a must
- Must be able to utilize research appropriately and effectively in presentations
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Power Point for presentations preferred
- Ability to cold call, resulting in-person appointments
- High degree of time management and organizational skills
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to manage one’s business with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to the effectiveness of this position.
- Must be able to interact effectively, efficiently and with positive results with wide variety of personality types and professions both outside and inside company, including all departments of the station and other Connoisseur Media stations as well as with clients.
- Diplomacy, integrity, tact, creativity, solution orientation -- critical
Education and Experience
- Minimum one-year sales experience or related business experience required
- Must be a self-starter and independent workerCollege degree preferred
For more information about Connoisseur Media, please check us out online at http://www.connoisseurmedia.com
Connoisseur Media offers and provides a benefits package including health, Paid Time Off and 401(k). We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Connoisseur Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. More information on the company can be found here at www.connoisseurmedia.com or at www.espnlv.com